CWeb is a web based redeployment support and opportunity facility ("CWeb") owned and operated by Winchester Consulting Limited (Company number 04210584; VAT registration number 785942474) incorporated in England and Wales whose registered office is at 82 Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, SW6 2TF ("we , "us" or "our"). CWeb is made available to employers, employment agencies and businesses ("recruiters") and to employees and self employed or independent contractors ("work seekers") (together "users"or individually as appropriate "you") and on the following terms and conditions. By using CWeb and the services made available on and through it, users are deemed to accept these terms and conditions. CWeb may be provided by third parties with permission or under licence from us and may appear on or be linked to such third parties' websites. In such cases the use of CWeb is subject to these terms and conditions and any terms and conditions of use of such third parties.
CWeb provides a facility whereby recruiters may place their details and job vacancies on the CWeb site for viewing by work seekers; and whereby work seekers may place their details on the CWeb site for viewing by recruiters. Unless work seekers voluntarily supply the information (on registration or on a later edit), CWeb does not identify the work seeker by name or disclose their contact details; a recruiter or a work seeker contacts the other by clicking on the other's data and CWeb will automatically generate any email to such other. CWeb provides no further service than providing the facility referred to above and recruiters and works seekers must conduct any subsequent negotiations or arrangements between themselves direct. Work seekers may respond or not, at their discretion, to emails from recruiters.
The information and services available on and through CWeb are provided for the sole purpose of the facility described under the heading CWeb Facility above. Users may use print and download information from CWeb only for such purposes and for no other personal or commercial purpose.
Users may amend update or add to their details on CWeb by clicking on the appropriate Edit button on CWeb.
All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights subsisting in CWeb and the material on CWeb belongs to us or our third party suppliers. Use of CWeb site does not give Users any proprietary rights in CWeb or such materials
Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003
Work-seekers and recruiters need to be aware that the CWeb site is a job board which operates as a venue only and leaves it to work-seekers and recruiters to make contact direct in the manner directed. This means that we do not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable work-seeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a work-seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the work-seeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the work-seeker or the recruiter for the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether work-seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose work-seekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a work-seeker; or
- make any arrangements for accommodation of work-seekers.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the "Regulations") seek to ensure that work-seekers are only proposed by employment agencies for roles for which they are properly qualified and that recruiters are only offered work-seekers who have the appropriate levels of experience, training, qualifications and authorisation for the position to be filled. Since CWeb is only a job board and venue only leaving it to work-seekers and recruiters to make contact direct, it is recommended that, if you are a work-seeker you undertake the steps set out in the Regulations to ensure your suitability for the role advertised or, if you are a recruiter, to ensure a work-seeker's suitability for the role.
These could include:
- If you are a work-seeker; checking the identity of the recruiter and the nature of its business, the commencement date and duration of the position, the position to be filled including type of work, location, hours and risks to health and safety, experience, training, qualifications and authorisation which the recruiter considers necessary or are required by law or otherwise to undertake the position, whether any expenses are payable by you as a work-seeker or whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you to satisfy before taking up a position.
- If you are a recruiter; checking the identity of the work-seeker and that the work-seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a work-seeker to take up a position. In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where work-seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the work-seeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the work-seeker. For more details of how to undertake a criminal records bureau check, please go to www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk
- Any searching or screening tools provided by us for use in your assessment of the suitability or otherwise of any particular candidate or advertised vacancy are to assist you in taking these steps, but are not intended as a substitute.
Job Search details, CVs and job advertisements
Job Search details, CVs and job vacancies listed on the CWeb are provided by candidates and by prospective employers and their agents and are not reviewed by us. We accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of Job Search details, CVs and job vacancies listed and expect candidates and prospective employers to carry out such verification procedures as are customary and prudent in the circumstances.
Services and information
Services and information provided on CWeb by us and our third party suppliers are intended to assist in the job seeking or recruitment process. Neither we nor our third party suppliers can guarantee their suitability or prospects of success in any particular case. You should obtain independent verification before relying on information provided on CWeb in circumstances which may result in loss or damage.
Security and Password
In order to register with CWeb and to sign in when you visit CWeb, you will need to use a user name and password. You are solely responsible for the security and proper use of your password, which should be kept confidential at all times and not disclosed to any other person. You must notify us immediately if you believe that your password is known to someone else or if it may be used in an unauthorised way. We accept no liability for any unauthorised or improper use or disclosure of any password.
We try to ensure continuous availability of CWeb and all the services available on it but accept no responsibility for the consequences of interruptions or delays, however caused. We may, additionally, alter the design and specification of the site at any time.
Limitation of liability
We accept no liability for any loss (whether direct or indirect, for loss of business, revenue or profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or for any other indirect or consequential loss whatsoever) arising from your use of CWeb and we hereby exclude any such liability, whether in contract, tort (including for negligence) or otherwise. We hereby exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to CWeb and your use of it to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from use or misuse by you of CWeb.
You must notify us immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim against you relating to your use of CWeb.
As required by law, this exclusion does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
We may terminate your registration and/or deny you access to CWeb or any part of it (including any services or information available on or through the site) at any time in our absolute discretion and without any explanation or notification.
Changes to Terms and Conditions and Invalidity
These terms and conditions may be changed by us at any time. You will be deemed to accept the terms and conditions (as amended) when you next use this site following any amendment.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes shall be decided by the English courts.
Winchester Consulting Limited - 82 Wandsworth Bridge Road, London, SW6 2TF
You may also contact us here